First of all, let me praise God for what He did today. He let me have lunch with a beautiful little 2 year old girl who warmed my heart. Children are such a blessing, nothing more, nothing less.
Second, when I got to work I was asked if I'd like to have some additional hours working in the front store. Not just "some hours" like I'd been promised or kept getting which normally came in increments of 7 or 8, but I was offered as many as I wanted. A full 40 a week if I prefer at the CVS(which I love) where one of my best friends works. This was a huge blessing & stress reliever. When I came back from our honeymoon, they changed over my main store I worked at & left me with barely any hours. I lost our insurance the week we got back to Cleveland. This stinks (especially for newlyweds) because it leaves you thinking that any day now you're going to have an accident & be on your death bed, survive, & spend the rest of your life paying off medical bills.
Third, Joshua asked me if he could go to some ministry conference in NC in June. At first I was sad because we haven't been apart since we got married, but then Kristi said "why don't we just go on our own little trip?" This THRILLED me because this spring break I was married & all my friends were on trips with their girlfriends.Don't misunderstand, I Love being with Joshua more than anything, but all girls like to at least be invited to girl time. Being the only married one in my group of friends gets hard because most of the time, they just don't understand. So as of tonight, we have started planning our beach getaway.
On another note, a few weeks ago, Joshua asked "are we ever going to go on a vacation just the 2 of us again?" I said of course but then we started talking about children. Before any children make themselves known in this family, I will give my husband a vacation just the 2 of us. I hope to be able to plan one for us for by the end of this summer. My baby Loves & cares for me sooo much & I don't want to take that for granted.
We are both signing up for 6-9 hours of school this summer. Thankfully it is all online so we have more freedom to travel as long as our jobs permit. I am sooo excited to see his last year of school & my associate's degree drawing so near. I am praying for his job & it to be made known to us as soon as possible so we can begin to make other plans for our life. There's a lot to come over this next year but I am trying my best to take it all in & be glad, rather than stressed. College is ending. Career & family beginning. New friendships are flourishing. My family ties are strengthening. I am beyond blessed at the amazing people & opportunities my God has given me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
i wanna cry...i love my cori!!! you are very blessed. you've been through tough times and i can see that people don't understand...they're just jealous because they've just all ways had nothing. but when you've worked your butt off to acheive something and then 1 person messes everything up and its not your fault its hard...but it's gonna get better and i think you have an awesome life and you don't let anything get to you. you're like my sister and i think you're awesome....i love my cori!!
ReplyDeletei am so very extremely happy for you!!! ihope to see you sometime
ReplyDelete:(
-edal